The NEW Small UAS (Drone) Rule (Part 107), including all pilot and operating rules is effective August 29, 2016. Testing for the UAS (Drone) examination is now taking place. Applicants may make a reservation to test by:
- Calling PSI at 1-800-211-2754
- Completing this form – PSI will contact you within 2 hours during PSI business hours.
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, phone number, desired location, desired date, and desired time in your email. PSI will respond to your email within 2 hours to assist in the reservation (during PSI business hours). If your request cannot be completed for any time, PSI will contact you via phone to complete your request.
- Call your local site, subject to availablity you can walkin and test same day. Find your nearest test center
Here is a quick listing of key reference and learning material.
Quick Reference Links:
- Becoming a UAS Pilot
- FAA Remote Pilot – Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Study Guide (FAA-G-8082-22) (PDF)
- Federal Register Posting: Operation and Certification of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (June 28, 2016)
- Press Release – DOT and FAA Finalize Rules for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (June 21, 2016)
- FAA Website: Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS or Drones)
- UAS Privacy Best Practices for UAS Privacy, Transparency, and Accountability
- Part 107 Course on FAA Safety Team Website
- FAA Integrated Airman Certificate and/or Rating Application System (IACRA)
- Find a Test Center
Suggested Study Materials:
- Knowledge Test Instructions (PDF)
- Knowledge Test Study Guide (PDF)
- Knowledge Test Sample Questions (PDF)
- Airmen Certification Standards (PDF)
- Part 107 Advisory Circular (PDF)
- Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (PDF)