AANPCB Practice Tests
Please click on the name of the practice test for which you wish to purchase. Note the different options for the practice tests.
Already have a test key and trying to access a practice test you already purchased? Access your test here
Practice test description and instructions:
- The 75 items in these practice tests were created by the AANPCB.
- There are now three versions of the FNP practice test, the most recent released in 2020.
- There are two versions of the Adult Gerontology practice test, the most recent released in 2020.
- There is one version of the Emergency Nurse Practitioner practice test, released in 2020.
- Questions are presented in random order within a single test session. If your session is interrupted, you will be able to go back in to complete it.
- Test takers will have 90 minutes to complete the practice test and review the items.
- Answer all questions.
- There is one and only one best answer for each item.
- If you are not sure of the answer to a question, you can bookmark the item and return to it later in review, using the Item List, before ending the examination.
- Select a single choice for your desired answer. Note that stray or accidental clicks on the item screen may inadvertently change the choice selected.
- After ending the practice test, you can get feedback on the correctness of your choice for each question. You will also see a description of the relevant domain, task, and knowledge, plus the patient age.
- Your Pass/Fail score for this practice test is based on your total score. The percentage scores for individual domains are presented only to help you identify areas of strength and weakness when preparing for the actual test.
- Your final score on this practice test will not necessarily predict your performance on the actual test. Use your score and the feedback information to prepare for the actual test.
- AANPCB staff do not have access to the practice test or the results.
- All questions in this practice test are copyrighted by AANPCB.